Aluminium housed Resistor are wound with Nickel Copper or Nickel Chromium wire for obtaining required resistance on a ceramic core fitted with end caps. The winded assembly is then encapsulated in a anodised Heat sink using high temperature moulding compound.
Features of Aluminium House Resistor
- Low Cost, Light weight & Compact.
- Non-inductive Type available.
- Custom Values available.
These Resistors are applied where high wattage dissipation is required in a small space. The metal heat sink ensures good heat dispersal & allows a low hot-spot temperature. Major application include Induction furnace, Medical equipments, Humidity Chambers etc.
- Power Rating - 5 Watts to 250 Watts
- Terminations - Lugs for 5 - 50W , Screws for 100 - 250W
- Temp Coeff - ± 50 PPM to 200 PPM
- Tolerance - ± 10%, Closer tolerances available.
- Dielectric Voltage - 1000 VAC for 5W & 10W, 1500 VAC for 25 W & 200W; 2000 VAC for 250 W
- Overload - 5 x wattage rating for 5 sec.
- Insulation Resistance - > 20 M Ohms
- Operating temp. - -55°C to 250°C
- Deratings - Deratings required for reduced chassis mounted area and for high ambient temperatures.